top of page
Clergy Community Advisory Board
What is a CCAB?
A Clergy Community Advisory Board (CCAB) is a network of pastors and individuals in church leadership that meet monthly to discuss needs related to children and families in crisis in their communities. The focus is on raising awareness and creatively and strategically addressing child welfare & community needs. When communities don’t have high proportions of children and families in crisis, clergy are encouraged to join CCABs in communities that do.
Currently there are CCABs in Brownwood and San Antonio, Texas, and in Hawaii. We are currently forming a CCAB for South Dallas as part of our South Dallas initiative as well as one for Ellis County.
1. Review the data relating to children in care in the targeted community.
2. Host DFPS personnel at meetings to better understand the needs, desired outcomes, and hindrances facing families in need in the specific community.
3. Engage new church leaders through forums, written materials, and events to raise awareness and help them to develop plans of action.
4. Participate in and work together to promote and observe Stand Sunday.
5. Serve alongside each other and pray with each other.
The Gospel in Action
One Church at a Time.
bottom of page